Pages


"The more pasisonate the cook, the better the flavors" -Charles M. Carroll

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Pumpkin Cupcakes with Maple Frosting

Hi all! Jessica here, and I love reading food blogs. It really inspires me to see how other people try new recipes and I love learning all I can about baking. Baking definitely takes patience! My sister Haley is the  best baker in our family (well, after my mom). 

For one family get-together, my mother-in-law asked me to provide some dessert treat. Its fall and I really wanted to accentuate the best fall flavors. I thought about pumpkin chocolate chip cookies, but thought it would be too "boring".  Thats one trait I get from my mom-- she is always creative in the kitchen!

 I found this recipe here: Its from Ina Garten




First, in baking always sift the dry ingredients together. It is very important to mix dry and wet ingredients separately. 


Now for the wet ingredients:


I always crack my eggs in a darker color bowl so I can catch any shells.



After the eggs, pumpkin purée, granulated sugar, brown sugar, and vegetable oil are whisked together, its time to add the dry ingredients. 


Add slowly and don't overmix! Speed should be on low



 As a novice, I'm not able to 'eyeball' the portions. I always use a measuring cup to make sure all cupcake tins are equal. This recipe only made 10 cupcakes, so I had to double it. You know our Utah families are large!


Next, is the cream cheese frosting with maple flavoring. YUMM! Make sure to use confectioner's sugar, it is much more fine than regular granulated sugar. You want a smooth texture for the cream cheese frosting.


Ina Garten uses a Heath bar for garnish, I used a Symphony bar. Anything with chocolate and toffee will go great!



I am one of those girls who don't like a lot of frosting on the cupcake. Weird, I know, but I usually end up picking off half of the frosting.



Overall these were a big hit! The pumpkin cake is so moist, the pumpkin and the maple flavors go really well together!

No comments:

Post a Comment