Pages


"The more pasisonate the cook, the better the flavors" -Charles M. Carroll

Saturday, November 12, 2011

Welcome!

I am passionate about food and I love a great party! I love entertaining and gathering friends around a fantastic meal. I also teach cooking classes in Salem UT and run a catering business.  I named my blog "wild chives" because I love the beauty of chives and their spiky purple flowers that sprout on the ends of the stalks.  Well, ok, I really wanted to name it "wild thymes" because thyme is my favorite herb, but someone already had that one, plus who knows about the people I might attract with that name?  Could be interesting...

So I'm sure you would like to know what recipes I'm working on these days!  I'm working on a chilled cherry soup with almonds on top - or maybe spiced pecans?  I will let you know when I get it perfected.

My posts each week will include pictures and recipes, hints and tips - things that I discovered and want to pass on to you to save yourself time and wasted ingredients in the kitchen.

One other thing that I came across a couple of weeks ago were some Lobster mushrooms.  Have you ever used these babies?  Wow.  Divine!
(photo found via)

 They are so much more flavorful than those pasty-white button mushrooms!  They truly smell like the seaside restaurants in San Francisco at Fisherman's Wharf.  They tasted delightful in my cheesy risotto.  Yum.  They have a slight pinkish-red spotted color too so it adds to the presentation value.  I found them at the Harmon's grocery store in Orem, Utah.  Sure, they're a little pricey but welll worth it for the punch of flavor that you get with them.  I will post the recipe and pictures in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment